CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Adventures with Dad




Yesterday we went for a family hike around Hidden Lake (which is really just a large pond) a short distance from our house. We discovered a large turtle hanging out by the drainage pipe and Jon decided to show Cameron the correct way to catch a large turtle. Watching him wrestle with it was actually a little scary... it's hard to tell in the pictures but that turtle had very long sharp claws and kept snapping at him. Cameron was completely mesmerized and didn't know quite what to think about the whole situation. I don't think we're going to let Cameron go swimming in there any time soon!


3 comments:

Stinson Family said...

I must say that I am not as daring or risky as Jon. I think that I would have left that poor turtle alone there. Yeah, I think that is a great idea about not letting Cameron swim there.

Anonymous said...

I better not let Jeff see that post...who knows how long it will take him to get into the water next time, Mom might use a WHOLE roll of film...HAHA!

GSGC StrongFamily said...

Now THAT is a turtle! Pretty cool! Way to go Jon...I'm impressed!